Saturday, October 10, 2009

I have Faith...sometimes

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1


Can my faith move mountains? No. I am afraid that I mine could barely move a pebble. Can my faith be counted on all the time? No, I am most certainly a doubting Thomas at times. I fall short on a daily basis. It scares me and it upsets me. I want to believe that God is always here with me and deep down I know He is but I don't always understand what the heck He is up to? But do any of us? Sick or not, there are times in our lives when God's plan for our lives makes no sense to us and we think that He has surely forgotten us. But God promised He would be with me...forever and although my faith may fail His promises do not!
My faith is lacking but my hope is not. So, that tells me that down in my heart, somewhere, in some little crevice is the flame of faith. God poured out hope to me, the day Jesus died on the cross. The day I accepted the gift of Jesus. the gift of hope came to live inside me too.
When I am afraid that God is mad at me because I lack faith...I remember that I am always hopeful (not by any powers of my own but by Jesus). When I remember that I am hopeful, I know that the gift of faith if alive in me too.
I have faith that one day my loving Father will heal me. I want it to be on this Earth but I know that may not be in his plan. Even so, one day my Father will heal me. One day I will not be faint and I will soar with the Eagles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...