Monday, February 1, 2010

More Lessons


More lessons to share.

Painting by numbers…sort of.


So, I have decided that life is sort of like a painting by numbers kit. I love those things. One reason I like them is because I am a perfectionist and when you paint those, they usually turn out pretty good! But before you finish the painting, you know what it is supposed to look like, you know what you want it too look like but honestly, you don’t know how that picture is going to turn out until you have filled in the very last spot with your very last stroke. Well, God is the painter. He has a giant brush and day by day, moment by moment is stroking our lives with colors-and yeah not all of those colors are pretty but even those colors we don’t like, finish the picture. They finish our story. It is difficult to know that my “paint by numbers” story won’t be finished until I get to Heaven. (Well it is kind of hard but it is kind of exciting too.) But I have faith that God is a supreme artist and I try to remember to give Him charge of my life. (I fail miserably most of the time, though!)

photo from here




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...