Monday, January 3, 2011

What the night knows...

The night sky holds my soul's secrets.



I see the moon and the stars' reflection and I am reminded that we serve a mighty God.  A Creator; a purposeful inventor.
During the day, when I am so sick and all I want to do is sleep, the night sky cannot come fast enough. Sleep it seems is the only place that I can find relief. Yet, when all earth begins to close their eyes, I fight it, because, I do not want another day to pass. I don't want another sunrise to awaken this monster inside of me.

I am such a complicated person.

And when I see the moon and the stars, the adrenaline rushes and fills my chest, I cannot help but cry out to God. It is if I have come to the most holy of sanctuaries, His sanctuary. And it is there in the darkness and the stillness that God beckons me. He beckons my fears, my worries, my doubts and my pain. He lets me be angry and he lets me cry. I can tell Him how bad this is and how sad I am. He believes me and he cries with me. 

And the night sky hovers over this conversation said between Father and child and it holds all my soul's secrets.

"Words are merely utterances: noises that stand for feelings, thoughts, and experience. They are symbols. Signs. Insignias. They are not Truth. They are not the real thing."
Neal Donald Walsch
photo from here


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...