Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rescued

"Moreover David said, The LORD, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.”
1 Samuel 17:37

I read part of this verse in Streams in the Desert last night. It reminded once again, that the Lord fights for me. Time and time again (the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear) God was there. God is here. He has never forsaken me or forgotten me, despite what I might feel at the moment, my God forgives me and receives me with open arms and is ready to protect me, his daughter. It is pretty overwhelming. A love that is so big, so mighty and pure.

And I truly believe that God has rescued me from a lion and a bear. And he is fighting and rescuing me from this giant Philistine, Dysautonomia. So, right now at this moment, He isn't rescuing me in the sense that I would prefer. A giant swooping arm to come down from the heavens and transform my body NOW is what I want.

But God rescues me in so many others ways. So many ways that continues to overwhelm and humble me.

He rescues me from pity and self-loathing. He rescues me from loneliness and dread. He rescues me from pessimism and narcissism. He rescues me from myself; from my thoughts and fears that I will never be better again. Because after all, He has rescued me before and He will rescue me again.

My God is the same God, whether it is the darkest of nights or the brightest of days.
And He will rescue me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...