Tuesday, February 16, 2010

two good movies. two 'blah' days.

I just rented Love Happens, with Jennifer Aniston & Aaron Eckhart. It was really good. It deals with a lot grief and suffering and overcoming but it was also such a sweet love story. (Plus, Jennifer Aniston's name is Eloise & she is a florist.) Sweet. Emotional. Love story. I liked it. Let me know if you see it and what you think.

The other movie was Julie & Julia. Mom and I went to the theater to see it when it first came out and we really enjoyed it but I had forgotten how cute it was. Meryl Streep was just great and I am a big fan of Amy Adams. It just made me happy. I love the party scene on roof top when Julie completes all of her recipes. It is so pretty.


Isn't it pretty? This photo just makes me happy and makes me want to throw a party!


Migraines, people! Migraines! I think they are the devil, himself! Ah! I have appointment with my neurologist in March and I am trying to be patient but goodness... it is hard to be patient when you are in pain, isn't it?
I have been kind of sad the past few days. I saw my counselor Kelly yesterday. I am always a little bit more emotional after I see her. I think it is because we bring up lots of tough topics that I don't always like to deal with head on like that. I know I sound like a broken record but I can't say it enough. My family is awesome and I am so thankful that at anytime of the day, I can go and talk to them about anything. We cry together, laugh together, and pray together...I have 3 part-time therapists living upstairs! I am so very blessed.
Kelly and I talked about perspective and the importance of gratitude-especially if you are struggling with any type of pain.
So, today I am grateful that I have a wonderful pharmacist who takes care of me and does ALL the hard work that it takes to get me my medicines on time and most importantly, always takes care of the insurance company so that my Mom doesn't have to. Mary is angel!
Is there anything that you guys are particularly thankful for today?

Thou who hast given so much to me, give me one more thing - a grateful heart!


-George Herbert


4 comments:

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

I am thankful that through the process of elimination, we closer (hopefully) to figuring out what is going on!

Kelly said...

I am thankful for my ability to exercise, even though my body can't do it to the extent I wish... I am still thankful I can do it at all!
<3 you Heather

alli/hooray said...

I really hope your migraines start to get better, Heather. They can take so much out of you! My mom used to get them a lot + she couldn't do anything.
Ps. Movies are such a great way to unwind...I might have to rent Love Happens after hearing what you said about it!

_ffyona said...

Like Alli, i hope your migraines get better soon! I am so thankful for the every day i get and making the best use of it. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...