Thursday, January 13, 2011

a jumble of thoughts.

I snapped this picture of Holly the other night. She was dead to the world. I usually can't roll over without her waking up and checking things out. I love it when she sleeps so peacefully. 
And I have never, ever found her peaceful sleeping so scrumptious that I picked her up and squeezed her to pieces. That would make me a terrible Mama and I have just never done that y'all.



I am trying super hard to stay relaxed today and rest up because tomorrow is going to be an exciting night (for me anyway!) 
My cousin Tori is going to be in her first beauty pageant and I am so happy. I love going to pageants and I haven't been to one in years and years. And I refuse to miss it! I have been giving my body the right act all week. I don't know if it has listened. 
 Miss America also comes on this weekend. So I am in serious pageant heaven! 
I was obsessed with Miss America when I was in junior high school. I was always looking in the mirror, practicing my walk and introducing myself as I would if I had been competing in the Miss America pageant. Feel free to laugh or cringe...
 
 
That is me on the far right. I was always in our high school pageants. This was my favorite dress ever and I had the most fun that night. It feels like it was a 100 years ago. It was 1998 and I was 15. I had just gotten out the hospital a few days before this pageant and I had been treated with steroids. We were so worried that I wasn't going to fit into my dress but I did! I was 4th runner and Miss Congeniality that year. So fun!
 
And last but certainly not least, I have decided to participate in Beth Moore's 2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team. I found out about it through my friend Rachel's blog. I was a little late choosing my verse but I think I have it memorized! (Which is a good thing because I only have 2 more days until I choose a new one to memorize!)
Here is my first verse that I have chosen to learn:
 
Psalms 91:14-15
“Because he love me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
 
Happy Weekend everyone!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...