Monday, March 21, 2011

to tell my story.

I spent a wonderful Thursday evening with one of my dear friends, Becca. We don't get to see one another as often as we would like and we always enjoy our time together. Before we said our goodbyes we were talking and she asked me about my blog. Then she asked me why I had decided to start blogging.

I don't know. I really had never thought about what my reasons were.
So, it got me thinking. 
Why did I start blogging?

I think that I started blogging because I wanted to tell my story. The healing that comes when someone hears your story and validates your feelings is really powerful. I know that all too well. The cathartic healing that comes from this blog is surprising to me. I didn't know who would see this blog - if anyone -but I wanted my words to be seen. 
I wanted to tell my story.
I wanted to tell the good and the bad. The ugly and the beautiful.

 source

I also wanted to begin my blog because my world has gotten smaller over the years. One by one people have left and I have watched has one opportunity after another has slipped away and I saw this blog as a way that I could reach out. I have always believed that if my suffering could help one other person feel less alone then my suffering would not be in vein.

Beginning this blog was my way of saying, I am here. I understand. I will listen.

My story is not remarkable. It is truly ordinary. Perhaps my circumstance may be a little different but my pain, my hurt, my suffering, my love, my joy, my hope and my faith-those are shared by everyone in all walks of life all across the world and they have their stories too. The common thread are those emotions that weave in and out of different stories.

"The best things of life come out of wounding. Wheat is crushed before it becomes bread. Incense must be cast upon the fire before its odors are set free. The ground must be broken with the sharp plow before it is ready to receive the seed. It is the broken heart that pleases God. The sweetest joys in life are the fruits of sorrow. Human nature seems to need suffering to fit it for being a blessing to the world" 
Francis Cowman, Streams in the Desert

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...