Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Time is Here

With Christmas all around, I can't help but be reminded of how fast the time has passed. Any holiday-but especially Christmas-has a way of bringing me and the passage of time face to face in a showdown... and time wins each time. I don't want to be sad or cry but I do because it is quite hard. This is such a happy time of year but it is also another year and one more Christmas that is passing and I am still sick.
I will never get the last 10 Christmases (or years) back. They slipped away so quickly. I have missed out on so much and it hurts my heart. The hurt has just invaded and I am working hard on letting go. There is so much that I want to do and I don’t know if I will be able to. I have so many dreams that I don’t want to give up on but I don’t know I will ever live out those dreams.
Christmas is indeed a very special time of year. Christmas gives us all the opportunity to be thankful for all that has happened in our lives- both good and bad.

Most importantly, Christmas reminds me to be hopeful for all that I know will come.



1 comment:

quietspirit said...

Heather:
I, too, look at the time that has slipped away from me. But I also remember that our Lord, Jesus Christ came to us as a babe. He came in order to teach us about God and how to live our lives.

Merry Christmas to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...